In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a category in WordPress. Creating different categories is important if you want to add blog to your website and to organize your WordPress website in a proper structure.
How to Create a Category in WordPress
To create a new category follow the below steps:
Step 1: Login to your WordPress Dashboard with your User name and Password.
Step 2: From dashboard hover over the pointer on Posts. Click > Category.
Step 3: Write the name of your Category and hit the button name as Add New Category.
Step 4: You have another choice to create a Category after writing your blog post by selecting Add New Category from the right site of your WordPress interface. Add new category which you think is right for you and you’re ready to publish.
The interesting part is if you are just running a Blog you can also add Categories to the menu, to facilitate the visitors to find your different posts.
Now you know how to create a category and use it while creating a post in WordPress.
You May Also Like:
- How to Create a Page and Publish in WordPress
- How to Create a Category in WordPress
- How To Change Your Password in WordPress
- How To Update Plugins in WordPress
- How to Configure Settings in WordPress
- How to Update Your Themes in WordPress
- How to Update WordPress Installation